Monday, March 12, 2012

News Brief

This weekend was chalk-full of family time.

Friday night we were spur-of-the-moment, living-on-the-edge-of-our-seats parents and halted our dinner preparation to join in on a last-minute dinner invitation to Mi Cocina with my parents and Kristen and Barrett. (This should tell you how we feel about Mexican food...all it takes is a phone call, a little arm-twisting [which in our case came via my dad with the words, "You can have your leftovers tomorrow night."], and we'll pretty much stop whatever we're doing.) And when I say "mid-preparation," I mean it...case and point, the next morning J was going to make some eggs. He asked me if the skillet was clean (it was sitting on the stove top with some liquid in it), and I told him that I remembered cleaning it after making P's lunch the day before (this was true). I guess he didn't trust my response, which, as it turns out was a good choice on his part, because when he stuck his finger in the liquid to check it out, he discovered that it was some EVOO that I had intended to cook the veggies in the night before. Oops. Give a girl the opportunity to eat some Sunset Fajitas, and she'll just leave a dirty pan on the stove...(it should be noted that this is the ONLY reason I would EVER leave a dirty pan on the stove...just ask my husband.) :)


Here we are at Mi Cocina. Sorry about the picture quality, I was using my phone, and as you can see from the blurry images, these three were having a dance party while we were waiting for our bill.


We spent Saturday night over at Grandma Judy's and Pop's. We had a great time, and P entertained all of us at the dinner table.
You can see for yourself here.
Every time a napkin was placed over his head, he screamed. :)
Watch the video. It'll make you laugh. :)

We rounded out our weekend over at my parents' house on Sunday night, where P got to experience his first taste of Grandpa Ron's famous salmon. P took a couple of bites but didn't seem to understand that leaving any bites of salmon on your plate (or highchair tray) is completely unacceptable. Not to worry. I ate the pieces he didn't eat...off his tray...hey, don't judge. If you'd had it, you'd understand.
Here he is hanging out with his grandpa.


And here's Grammy Share getting in on the fun.


While the weekend would have been complete with just spending good, quality time with our awesome families, there was an exciting event that took place that is important to update you all on...

THE PEANUT TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS THIS WEEKEND!!! :)

Of course, we don't have any of those documented because we weren't encouraging him to take steps. He did it entirely on his own with no coaxing from us! We were at a friend's little girl's first birthday party and were actually talking to another set of parents about how P wasn't really walking but was pulling up on everything and walking around things as long as he could hold on to something. Then low and behold, we look over, and P lets go of the couch he's pulled up on and proceeds to take 2 steps! We were so excited. :)

He repeated this trick at Grandma Judy's and Pop's house later that evening, and then last night at my parents', he took 5 steps to my mom!

In not too long, our world is going to change...famous last words, I know. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah P! He's going to be walking everywhere before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete