This is the sunrise on a very important day...since Uncle B had called us from the hospital around midnight the night before, we knew that Andrew would be making his appearance this beautiful Friday...and the world would never be the same. :)
I must make a confession...I already had plans on that Friday. For my birthday, I told J that the only thing I wanted was some time to myself. So J took the day off work and had a whole day planned with P. I had scheduled a facial and a massage for my birthday (using a birthday gift card from LAST year! :/) and was ready to spend a day relaxing...but then Aunt KiKi had to go into labor on MY birthday celebration day...the nerve! :) Not to worry...while my sweet sister was laboring on Friday morning, I got that massage and facial. :) Hey - at least one of us needed to be relaxing...I was just trying to even things out. For what it's worth, I felt totally guilty about it, but I talked to sister, and she told me to go for it. I told her to work on pushing that baby out - not really, I told her to not have the baby until after my massage...she was a great listener and indulged that request of mine.
Here's my leg and my family waiting in the waiting room at the hospital.
Happy Baby Day!
Here is a picture of my mother fretting... :)
Here's another picture of my mother fretting...think she was anxiously awaiting the news of this baby's safe arrival? :)
And a smile. :) My mom's dear friend Linda came to keep her company before the rest of the family got to the hospital since my dad was in Colorado for work. Fun fact: B's mom actually taught all 3 of Linda's kids!
Lolli and Pop. :)
My grammy and me.
Aunt Becky came to meet the little man, too.
LOVE this picture. I wanted to take a picture to post to Instagram with a caption saying something like, "It's 2:17 and we're still waiting on this baby..." Turns out that at exactly 2:17, sweet baby Andrew made his grand entrance into the world! How cool is that!?
Uncle B. (proud daddy) came out with pictures...and the NAME of this baby, which was also a surprise! (Love the grandmas in this picture!)
Of course we all thought he was perfectly wonderful!
And then everyone jumped on their cell phones to share the good news with the world. :)
About 30 minutes later a nurse came out and said that the two grandmas and the sister (that's me!!!) could come back to see this baby in person. :)
Andrew with his Lolli.
Showing us that his lungs work.
Sweet snuggles.
Adoring grandmas.
Sweet punkin.
Super mom seeing Share Share hold Andrew for the first time.
Share Share loves her grandsons!
Me multitasking...the world needed some cute pictures of this munchkin man!
Loved him from the moment I saw him!
I mean, how cute is he!?!?!
Precious boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment